On 31 March 2011 11:22, Alan Bell <alan.b...@theopenlearningcentre.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as we move into April the release of Ubuntu 11.04 the Natty Narwhal swims
> into view. Because this will be a *huge* celebration we have arranged a bank
> holiday on the following day for you, so there is no excuse for not partying
> on a weekday. In the afternoon will be a slightly formal "launch" event and
> photo opportunity for journalists and bloggers and the community, at the
> British Computing Society on Southampton Street near Charring Cross, dunno
> if there will be any nosh, but if there is it would be of the diminutive
> sandwiches and canapés variety. There is going to be a registration for this
> as we are going to need names and numbers in advance. Following that we will
> be moving on to somewhere else with less formality and more booze, probably
> a pub.
>
> This part of the plan is less well defined than the first part so I am
> *seeking* *your* *help*. What we need to do is pick a pub, or other venue.
> One that serves food and has a decent amount of space, one that will perhaps
> let us reserve an area for free, one within walking distance of the BCS and
> within staggering distance of a tube. Power sockets and wifi would be a mild
> bonus, but the evening is more about partying than geeking out.

The montagu pyke is reasonably large, well placed and I have known
groups to book a good portion of it for events.

(sorry if some blank replies were sent, the "send" button on my phone
appears right under the "reply" button)

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
email: an...@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.