Or alternatively, you've got the Porterhouse across the road: large pub
and micro-brewery over 3 floors with lots of space so they should
probably be able to reserve an area. Not sure about food though.

Another one I quite like is Bunken Bar on Earlham St: underground place
and quite large. Don't know about food either.

Both of them are within walking distance of BCS and Covent Garden tube
station.