On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 23:23 +0100, Andres wrote:
> Good point. Tested one of my cds (32bit) on my 64bit dell at work and
> it went mental. i'm not a linux virgin but i think i should label the
> cds i give away as 32 bit or 64bit

You need to report that as a bug.  The 32 bit version is expected to
work on any hardware.  The 64 bit version should complain if you try to
boot it on any hardware other than AMD 64 compatible.  It works like
that for me.

The Canonical give-away disks that I'm using are all 32 bit.

Regards,                Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/