On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 14:07 +0100, Dino T. wrote:
> Hi
>
> A friend and I are brainstorming on a 2 hour presentation to give to
> Universities and Colleges across Liverpool. To increase awareness and
> show students that they can save money using free/open source
> software. This is scheduled for around September 2011.
>
> What do you suggest we cover? Has to be very basic too for beginners
> and if they want to learn more, we'll be providing sheets out to links
> etc.
>
> Dino T.

I recently did a Linux Awareness talk for a local computer club. I based
the talk around these points:
What is Linux and Open Source?
What do you get?
What are the advantages?
What are the disadvantages? (You need to be honest).
And because linux take up is poor in the UK I did a round up of who uses
linux around the world to show that it isn't a niche Geek way of
working.
Also students are very keen on Fairtrade so push the FOSS =
Fairtrade/Ethical Computing as well.

Barry