Just when I thought I'd got used to unity & I can probably live with it I tried
using the gimp.

Previously with this I have the main window maximised & set up toolbox & layers
as normal windows hidden behind the main one.

In gnome2 it's easy to get at these other two windows from the bottom panel.
However in unity this option obviously isn't there.

Clicking on the gimp icon on the launcher does get the option to choose which
of
the 3 open windows you want so all is not lost but it does seem a lot of clicks
and messing!

Anyone else find this annoying? Any solutions?

Perhaps I'll get used to this as well!

George