there has been quite a bit of talk on the lists about schools, school
websites and teaching lately - this weekend it's not only Glastonbury
Festival but also
The Sunday Times/Wellington College Festival of Education
http://www.festivalofeducation.org.uk/
in Crowthorne Berks - lots of speakers including apparently Bob Geldof
but guess who is the main festival partner - Microsoft.

This is why I think it really is very important we look at ways to bring
FOSS into schools and show teachers how good the alternatives to MS are.
Out here in Herefordshire our next event is 17 sept software freedom day
and we usually target schools and get a few teachers and educators
through on the day - but I am wondering this year if we can make more of
an effort to get schools and students involved - it's a tricky date as
it falls just after the summer holidays - but if anyone has any good
practical ideas that we can implement locally I'd love to hear them -
and if they work then other groups can pick them up.

Sarah