Hi!

Can I say I'm teaching a full-length (i.e. 10 x 2 hours) unaccredited
course for adults entitled 'Introduction to Linux' for North Tyneside
Adult Learning Alliance next year. Date and time are still to be
confirmed. This will be the first time we've ever had a Linux-based ICT
course in the borough (to my knowledge). It didn't take much to convince
the powers-that-be to include it in the curriculum; as long as there
were people who wanted to attend then I easily got the go-ahead. And of
course, I'm teaching Ubuntu.

What's notable is that if there is enough demand then I can't see any
problem with repeating this year upon year.

The ball is rolling. MS need not quake in their boots just yet, but my
impression is that many people get keen on Ubuntu once they have a look
at what it can do and how easy it is to install and manage... though not
so many are keen on Unity unfortunately!.

--
Beatrix E. Groves
BA Hons (Educ) LCGI MAPTT MIITT MinstLM MIFL QTLS

Random Quote of the Day (chosen by my computer) ------------->

Dostoevsky said:
"I fear only that I am not worthy of my own suffering."