> Has anybody else been following this series? What are your thoughts?

I've been reading some of it. I think he makes a number of a good points
but he also has the tendency to assume things will be complicated and
therefore goes for the complicated option first. The way he initially
installed WINE or the way he manually created a separate partition under
Windows in order to install Ubuntu side by side is another.

It may be worth promoting the software centre more and position it as
being similar to an 'app store'. Linux users have been used to this for
ages so don't think about it anymore but for the larger population the
concept of the app store is new and they don't expect a desktop OS to
behave that way.

Bruno