On 26 September 2011 13:48, Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:
> Now we're perilously close to releasing 11.10 onto the world, it's
> been asked [0] what things the developers would like to see the focus
> on for the 12.04 (Long Term Support) release.
>
> Personally I would like all core applications to support proxy servers
> properly. Especially as it's an LTS release which is arguably
> well-suited to corporate users who are those most often behind proxy
> servers. (ubuntu one file sync being something that doesn't work
> behind proxies)
>
> I wondered what you lot might desire for 12.04?
>
> Cheers,
> Al.
>
> [0]
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2011-September/012901.html

Full LDAP integration (not just auth), complete with some kind of
"workgroup manager"-esque app to control permissions/access on groups
of machines and allow things like remote desktop as policy. Seems to
be one of the major things that would stop SME take up of Ubuntu.
(i.e. I see it on practically every mac/windows network when I go on
site visits to SME type companies)

-Matt Daubney