On 26 September 2011 13:48, Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:
> Now we're perilously close to releasing 11.10 onto the world, it's
> been asked [0] what things the developers would like to see the focus
> on for the 12.04 (Long Term Support) release.
>
> Personally I would like all core applications to support proxy servers
> properly. Especially as it's an LTS release which is arguably
> well-suited to corporate users who are those most often behind proxy
> servers. (ubuntu one file sync being something that doesn't work
> behind proxies)
>
> I wondered what you lot might desire for 12.04?

Since nobody else has even mentioned it...

How about ensuring complete feature parity between Unity & Unity-2D?
Apart from the 3D effects, I feel that they should look and work
identically. At the moment, on Oneiric, from a quick look, they're not
- e.g. the 2D version has differently-shaped buttons.

I would also urge more testing of Unity on lower-end kit. I find the
animations very jerky when moving between desktops, for instance. I
would like an option to turn the animations off.

Indeed, more customisability for Unity would be a good thing, even if
that just means bringing "confity" or CompizConfig and the Ubuntu
Unity Plugin into the distro as standard. AFAICS these don't work at
all with Unity-2D, too, BTW. That's a hole that could do with closing.

I found it much more pleasant to use after turning off the lairy
coloured backgrounds and shrinking the buttons by about 25%, myself,
for instance.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508