On 26 September 2011 13:48, Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:

> Now we're perilously close to releasing 11.10 onto the world, it's
> been asked [0] what things the developers would like to see the focus
> on for the 12.04 (Long Term Support) release.
>
> Personally I would like all core applications to support proxy servers
> properly. Especially as it's an LTS release which is arguably
> well-suited to corporate users who are those most often behind proxy
> servers. (ubuntu one file sync being something that doesn't work
> behind proxies)
>
> I wondered what you lot might desire for 12.04?

Less 'cutting edge' software or software that doesn't have guaranteed
support. It's not usually mainstream software (although I would hope that
things like Firefox and Thunderbird are going to be stable on the day and
not the release that was put out the day before) but I found with 10.04 LTS
that there was software in some channels was just too beta to be useful and
seemed to be put there to fulfil a requirement. I was doing things with
video at the time and some of the potentially useful applications just
didn't work. Perhaps there could be an 'essentials' subset of the main
source.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood