On 3 December 2011 17:18, Barry Titterton <
barry.titter...@mail.adsl4less.com> wrote:

> The recent, very extensive, discussion for and against Unity/11.10 has
> prompted me to give my experience.
>
> Four weeks ago I upgraded my spare laptop to 11.10 and the experience
> has been mixed.
>
> The machine is an elderly Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 with 1 Gig Ram. It
> had been running 10.04 without problems for several months. the initial
> upgrade did not go smoothly as I had the issue, previously reported on
> this list, where it kept asking me to put an 11.10 CD in the drive to
> enable the upgrade to continue. After the upgrade the machine crashed
> back to a text only display three times in two days. The line on the
> screen full of text that seemed most interesting was:
> "Bug: unable to handle kernel paging request at 42de0014".

I have had this a lot - I have reported a bug.

Why not add yourself to it.

Its not down to your Tosh as such as my computer is a HP Pavilion desktop
with 2GB ram.

More likely to be a Unity 3D problem.  I had crashes in 11.04 but they have
become more frequent in 11.10.