On 2011-12-07 17:06, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> I purchased a Logitech C270 HD Webcam which according to this site
> http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices is compatible with Linux.
> I ran up a Live CD of Ubuntu 11.10 and connected the camera.
> the camera works but the microphone does not work at all. (The mic works in
> Windows).
> Is there a way of getting the mic to work? (I couldn't get it to work in
> either Sound Recorder or Skype...)

I find the microphone settings in Ubuntu are usually muted on a new
install. Try:

1. Click on the sound icon in the notification area
2. Select "Sound Preferences"
3. Input tab
4. Select each input in turn, and unmute input volume and raise to some
level between "Unamplified" and "100%".

Regards,
Tyler

--
"[...] we are not attacking the corporations, but endeavoring to do
away with any evil in them. We are not hostile to them; we are merely