On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 21:51 +0000, Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Saturday 10 Dec 2011 12:06:38 Barry Titterton wrote:
>
> > I am unable to open or import PDF files in LibreOffice on 11.10. Can
>
> > someone else with 11.10 please tell me if they have the same
> problem?
>

> > Last week my wife needed to import three PDF files into a Writer
>
> > document as images. Open Office on 10.04 did two files without a
> problem
>
> > but struggled with the third.
>

> Have you tried installing the package libreoffice-pdfimport?

Hi Mark,

Thank you, that package did the trick. The PDF wasn't perfect but enough
of it was there for me to edit to get it looking right.

Interestingly I couldn't find the package in the 11.10 Software Centre
so I installed good old Synaptic and got it first time. Another
interesting observation is that, in Open Office in 10.04 the PDF import
package is included by default. Also in Open Office you can import PDF
files direct into Writer by using Insert > File..., this feature does
not work in Libreoffice version of Writer. I thought that Libreoffice
was supposed to be an improve fork of Openoffice, but at the moment it
appears to have some features removed.

Barry T