Hello all,

just in case it is of interest. I am a virjin media costumer with 5mb broadband
(good enough for me). I just had a call home offering the double up for free.

But the offer is only if you upgrade or are using their 30 meg package. 5 is
enough for me but 60 meg is very tempting. But after a long conversation i had
to decline:
a) it involves changing modem to a new "home hub" that they claim to be
compatible with linux.  (Risky as i did not check details and did not sound
convincing)
B) you would get home security that is not compatible with linux
c) you would get 10gb of online storage that is not compatible with linux.

I really do not need any of it but i still felt left out. I have been a
costumer since 2006 (with telewest).
So after the coversation I  requested for feedback to be submitted so that we
(linux users) could have support in future. If i could kindly ask to do the
same if you are offered that would be great.

They did offer a samsung galaxy ace with enough minutes, text and megs  for £15
a month.

Not a very double rainbow offer as it could have been.

Regards,
Andres.