On 06/05/12 18:26, John Bottomley wrote:
Hi reading your comments on introducing Ubuntu I thought you might be
interested in our experiences of Ubuntu as a training medium.

We have been running a project in South Cheshire for 4 years.

The aim of the project is to support local communities by improving
access to IT.  We run a range of activities including 'drop in help
sessions, loan of recycled pcs and free internet access at both local
and neighbourhood levels.

Central to our activities is use of Ubuntu, we have about 250 Pcs on
loan all of which are Ubuntu based.  Many of our loan PCs are used by
school children and FE/HE students for their home studies.

All our workshop PCs/Laptops (about 25) are Ubuntu based.

We expect to see about 500 people per month in our workshops held at
community centres and rural village halls.

[...]

Really good to hear about this John, thank you for posting. (I would love to be able to help or support in some way, from distant Berkshire....)
--
alan cocks