On 9 May 2012 19:52, Alan Pope <alan.p...@canonical.com> wrote:
> So my question to you is:-
>
> "If you have considered contributing to Ubuntu Manual, but haven't,
> what's stopped you?"
>
> Some reasons might include:-
>
> * Lack of time
> * Lack of motivation
> * Lack of skill
> * Difficult to use tools

Yep, all of them. I did look at getting involved a while back. It
seemed to me then that doing all the work in LaTeX was a little odd.
Don't get me wrong, I like LaTeX. But in this instance I am not sure
it is the correct way to go. Installing LaTeX Live and doing all the
version control stuff is complicated, especially if you are not a
programmer who is familiar with the concept.

Why not develop the book as a Wiki? First, anybody with a web browser
will be able to read and write content. The content can then easily be
munged into a website, Epub or PDF format.

This is just a brain fart really. If I had more time, motivation and
skill, I would hack together a proof of concept.

--
Philip Stubbs