** Dave Morley <davm...@davmor2.co.uk> [2012-05-24 11:24]:
<snip>
> Are you actually experiencing crashes or is it that you get lots of
> there is a problem report it dialogs?
>
> The reason I ask is there is a new system in place that detects every
> error rather than crash and reports them to error.ubuntu.com so the
> devs can clean up their code and get their apps out of the top 10 and
> in the process clean up the code for everyones use.
>
> So it might be that the devs knew the code threw up an error but muted
> the output and the user never knew where as this new system exposes
> all of that, so you will initially see a lot of these error boxes, the
> plan being that they will slowly but surely ease off as the devs fix
> the code.
** end quote [Dave Morley]

Yes, I've noticed a good number of these errors, in fact my two desktops that
have been upgraded from 11.10 clean installs to 12.04 both give two or three of
these every time they boot up. I've not managed to find out what the problem is
as there doesn't seem to be much info, just a prompt to decide whether to
report it or not. The ones I have noticed have been Unity restarting quite
often. It clearly isn't a graphics driver issue since these are very different
machines, one an AMD 2800+ with nVidia graphics, the other an AMD A4-3400 with
on board Radeon and a separate Radeon dual screen setup. The only thing about
lots of error reports is that it doesn't look good to users, it may be worth
considering a global setting so you can say 'yes to all'. Of course the other
thing about my setup is that it is Unity 2D which never seems to be as good as
teh 3D version.

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: