----- Mensaje original -----

> On 31/05/12 23:19, Andres Muniz wrote:
> > Short: how do I get that when my user closes it also makes drives
> > that were (are) mounted availble for other users to mount?
> >

> If you want something mounted and available for all users you should
> maybe specify it in /etc/fstab.
>
> This has a nice set of answers:-
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/1644/mounting-a-usb-disk-in-a-permanent-location

i do not want it mounted. I would want to see it. Unmounted. Seen the link, a
bit too complicated: not much of an issue: is it safe to unplug the usb after i
closed the user that had it mounted? If so i'd just unplug and plug it back in.

> > My long story: I noticed something yesterday on ubuntu 12.04. My
> > wife mounted our windows drive on her user account she then closed
> > her account(closed not switched) and I open mine and I could not
> > see the windows drive. I switched and opened my wife's account   and
> > found the drive mounted automatically. I select "unmount safely"
> > and colse the user (my wife's) and go back to mine. And there i see
> > the drive: unmounted.
> >

> This is normal/expected behaviour and not a bug.

out of curiosity.
why is this a feature? Is it for security reasons?