On 15 June 2012 07:23, richard <longforth1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> can i install win 7 on virtualbox from an oem install disc? I got the to
> try linux and thought she could have windows in a virtual machine, but i
> think we might have got the wrong sort of disc.
>
> --

Some OEM disks check for something in the system that identifies the
hardware as belonging to a maker so it really might depend on the vendor.
You could test it by installing Virtualbox in Windows as by default
Virtualbox identifies itself as a generic PC. You'll definitely need the
licence that came with the machine for it though.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"