On 15/06/12 14:31, Alan Bell wrote:
On 15/06/12 12:23, Liam Proven wrote:
On 15 June 2012 07:23, richard<longforth1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
can i install win 7 on virtualbox from an oem install disc? I got the to try linux and thought she could have windows in a virtual machine, but i think
we might have got the wrong sort of disc.
/Some/ OEM disks. On balance, probably not.

Also, Win7 is a big, resource-thirsty OS.

Go looking on isohunt.com or one of the other bittorrent indices for
"TinyXP" - a very small, cut-down version of XP Pro. Absolutely ideal
for VMs.

Runs in about 70MB of RAM, although to be fair, once you have updated
it and put some antivirus on it it's bigger. Still runs fast with room
for an app or 2 in 512MB though.

um, windows support isn't really what we do on this list, especially if that includes mention of questionable sources of said software that we don't support.

Alan
Apologies if I have broken the rules, but I am trying to bring the wife over from the dark side. I have persuaded her to use linux on her new laptop but she needs sage to do our accounts hence windows in virtualbox.
 Which vm would anyone recommend, virtualbox or something else?