On 12 July 2012 14:25, Laura Czajkowski <la...@lczajkowski.com> wrote:
> On 12/07/12 14:11, Liam Proven wrote:

>>> Liam there are numerous other ways to describe the work she's done and
>>> the
>>> audience she attracts. You may not agree with her explanations but she
>>> has a
>>> wide following and has encouraged many new users to try Ubuntu,
>>> applications
>>> an lots more as she is young and smart. Lets focus on her brain and not
>>> other areas shall we!!
>>
>> I was trying to summarise what I see as a fairly core weakness and
>> also her main appeal, while trying to *avoid* using sexist language,
>> actually.
>>
>> I have not seen much of her stuff, but what I have seen has been light
>> on content and poorly-presented. I suspect that her appeal is based
>> almost entirely on her gender and appearance.
>>
> Maybe you're right and this is why they start watching her, but that doesn't
> negate the fact that she gets people interested in Ubuntu and feeling like
> they're involved and a basis for learning things. They also stay around and
> get involved many contribute and get more involved thanks to her videos.
> It's also really easy to say  "she's attractive geeky and smart" without
> mentioning breasts.

I do rather feel I am being criticised for something I tried hard to
avoid doing here.

At any rate, I was *not* going to say anything like her being
"attractive, geeky and smart" because:
[a] I don't think she *is* attractive; I think her appeal lies in
being, as I said, young, female, busty & wearing tight or low-cut
tops.
[b] I have no actual evidence that she is geeky; I think it may just
be a calculated move to appear so in order to win fans; I see no sign
of real understanding of what she's discussing in what I've seen.
[c] smart, she may or may not be; I have no basis to judge.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884