On 19 August 2012 22:01, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 18/08/12 19:35, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>
>> All the user config is in .libreoffice in your $HOME and I think deleting
>> .libreoffice/3/user/extensions resets the plugin config.
>>

> I removed all files and folders containing 'libreoffice' thinking I could
> simply re-install.  Unfortunately the re-install does not include all
> dependencies.  During installation, I get the following warnings:
> Selecting previously unselected package libreoffice-common.
> dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libreoffice-style-tango'
> missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
> dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libreoffice-style-human'
> missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
>
> After installation, I get: barry@quantal:~$ libreoffice --writer %U
> /usr/bin/libreoffice: 181: exec: /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/**oosplash:
> not found
>
> OK - that's just a splashscreen?  But if I got that and put it where it
> should be, I'm certain other things would be missing, so I re-installed
> Quantal.  Probably quicker and easier.

Hmm, odd. That suggests a problem with removing and reinstalling
LibreOffice that needs to be addressed. Logically, removing LibreOffice and
the .libreoffice folder and then reinstalling should reset your LibreOffice
install. You shouldn't have to reinstall your OS to repair a damaged
application.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood