On 2012-09-28 21:38, Bruno Girin wrote:
> Same here. My laptop is a Lenovo with a Core i5-2520M (2nd gen Intel
> Core) which has HD3000 graphics too and it has run 11.10, 12.04 and now
> 12.10 amd64 with no problem whatsoever.

I wonder if I'm missing a way to identify my video chipset. My new laptop
is a Dell V131, which according to reviews contains HD3000 video. However,
lspci lists only:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core
Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

/proc/cpuinfo shows:

model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Is there a way to verify the video model number?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists
and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so."