Hi
I'm trying to install GIMP 2.8 into Ubuntu 12.04, where the default version is
2.6.1.
All the advice I can find seems to be essentially the same, namely:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimpsudo apt-get updatesudo
apt-get install gimp
Each time I try this I just get 2.6.1 installed, regardless. It strikes me that
the default version must still be in the list of standard repositories. I'm
reluctant to mess around with this list without knowing the effects. I use
Synaptic all the time, but without a detailed understanding of how it works
behind the scenes e.g resolving dependencies. Consequently I don't what to make
a change to the repository lists which might screw things up.
Any advice?
Regards
Nige