On 2012-10-07 12:26, James Morrissey wrote:

>     Following up on this issue:
>
>     >> sudo poweroff
>     >> sudo shutdown -h now
>
>     >I'll give it a try once i have run the machine for a few hours. The
>     >longer i run it the more likely the restart error occurs.
>
>     Using: sudo poweroff seems to stop the restart issue from happening.
>     Does this mean that there is a software problem in the shutdown process
>     via the cog?

The cog *probably* sends an ACPI call, and ACPI has a script that it runs
to shut down. I'd start by investigating that. It's possible that replacing
whatever it is doing with the poweroff command would solve it for you. A
hack, but if it works, great.

I recall doing something similar back in the ... edgy (?) days?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if