On 14/10/12 16:01, Liam Proven wrote:
On 13 October 2012 18:00, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbpli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!
I'm looking at the inevitable replacement of my 4 year old Toshiba Satellite
laptop in the near future and am looking at purchasing a laptop
pre-installed.
I'm having grave difficulties finding any vendors in the UK other than Linux
Emporium - are there any others?

It's not something they advertise as of yet, but if you talk to
Simplicity Computers, they should be able to sort you out. Not a big
range but if they model they do appeals...

Mention my name as the person who sent you! Otherwise they might not
know what you're talking about. Wayne Cooper is probably a good chap
to talk to.

http://www.simplicitycomputers.co.uk/

Liam, the 'Ubuntu compatible' market might be a very useful supplementary business line for them. I personally do not need a preinstall nor any support, but as Gordon finds, I also would need a verified Ubuntu compatible laptop at some time. I can do my own install in a trice, but seeking out compat hardware is a hard task. I hope it will be worth them considering? There is a significant gap in the UK market here.They might get rushed off their feet!
--
alan cocks