On 28/11/12 08:42, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
Hi all,
Thought this might be of interest!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyOYsQmetQ

Very nice to see a 'properly implemented' machine. That particular one is a bit pricey for my target audience of potential new Ubuntu users.

I look forward to a machine which is available in UK and also available without a Windows OS preinstalled.

It is interesting to speculate about just how I will be able to confirm that a chosen machine is, in the event, 'properly implemented'

Even with machines with bios, it has been onerous to determine in advance, before purchase, which hardware, particularly laptops, would work well out of the box (with Ubuntu). Fortunately, Ubuntu has achieved really good compatibility with many machines, and improving. It will be important to encourage that trend.

Is anyone in close contact with Novatech enough to know if their laptops are similarly 'properly implemented'?

--
alan cocks