On 01/02/13 15:54, Paula Graham wrote:
I dunno, doesn't seem a huge burden to me - the driver's in a handy folder - it takes all of 20 secs to compile - prefer it to opening a brand new laptop with a perfectly good Realtek chip (and I'm clumsy with hardware). Will just tolerate mild inconvenience, upgrade when 13.04 comes out with kernel 3.8 and native driver - problem solved, feisty laptop with no MS tax for under £400 ;) Paula

Well, then, Paula, may I request you write a Wireless Installation Wizard, of as general application as possible, ie providing guidance for everybody with a converted machine and no wireless, with all the commands listed verbatim, for those of us confused by the scrappy and conflicting instructions on how to do it that are scattered across Ubuntu Forums? For my part, I have downloaded a copy of "The Linux Command Line" by William E Shotts, which will gradually teach me how to do all this for myself. I stress: gradually.