On 07/03/13 21:14, Neil Greenwood wrote:
On Mar 7, 2013 8:29 PM, "Jim Price" <d1vers...@hotmail.com> wrote:

That's a reasonable workaround. Curiously the problem seems to have fixed
itself now, and I have no idea whether it's because of something I did or
not. I did do a re-install of gnome-terminal - maybe that did it.

I saw something that might explain this only today. I was looking at the
documentation for the terminator command that replaces gnome-terminal. It
mentions the separate buffer that vim, less and similar programs use. It
mentioned VTE, and how Ubuntu had patched the mouse wheel scrolling to make
it optional. Sorry I can't remember any more detail than that, but it might
give you some google-fodder...

Yes, I came across that in my Googling.