I just thought I'd write a little something about my experience today for the unity nay sayers. I'm running Raring at the moment and it's been going pretty well so far, but today I had my first breakage. Compiz is crashing so unity as a whole is not loading and I simply get the desktop and nothing more.

So, not to be beaten I installed gnome shell and the fallback mode is working. However it's not usable, having used unity since it became the default interface I now find the gnome 2 style interface agonisingly clunky. So I wonder how many of those who slate unity simply haven't given it a chance?