On 23 April 2013 18:26, Phill Whiteside <phi...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well that provoked a 'wtf' from the head of quality / testing. He is filing
> a bug. As you correctly state, this is an issue. I will post up the bug
> number once Nicholas has raised it. Please log onto to the system and click
> on the "affects me" portion to receive updates on its progress.

I'm sorry, I should have named the outstanding Launchpad bugs.

I was already subscribed to Bug #739184 and Bug #1085169.

I have now subscribed to Bug #1064962 as well, but the description
does not seem correct for me. It does not matter if I open a fresh
copy of LO or double-click on a file & let the program open. *Any* way
I launch the program, the menus are inaccessible with the keyboard.

Currently I am running Microsoft Word 97 under WINE so that I can use
my machine! (Most of my work is writing.)

I have not noticed any problem with keyboard menu access in any other
apps, only LibreOffice.

As per several comments with those bugs, this has been a problem in
the past with the "lo-menubar" package and later with
"libreoffice-gtk" - but if these were removed, one could use the
menus, at the price of apps that didn't match the system theme. (On my
netbook running Precise, remove libreoffice-gtk also makes dialog
boxes much smaller so that they fit onto the 1024×768 screen, a
beneficial side-effect.)

But in Raring there is no GTK package to remove. I do not know of any
other workaround.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884