Hi,

I posted a message to the effect that the procedure for reinstalling the Ralink RT3290 wireless driver, which worked on 12.10, doesn't work after online upgrade to 13.04. Since posting that, I found an online report at askubuntu.com which gave the exact same error messages as mine:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/285163/ralink-rt3290-cant-be-installed

I have found that the best solution is to put a copy of the 64-bit version of 13.04 on a USB stick then do a complete reinstall from the stick. If you do this, the Ralink RT3290 wireless driver will be found and configured correctly and permanently. But not when you use the online upgrade from the Ubuntu site. This is similar to the problem I had with the boot protect in UEFI BIOS. There also, the USB stick with the 64-bit version was the answer.