On 09/05/13 19:27, Phill Whiteside wrote:
For updating a backup, rsync[1] may be of help. (I'm a tester so use zsync but I believe that is better tuned for us updating iso's as it has a separate link). Rsync is pretty much ideally suited for you need. It will only update files that need updating.

Regards,

Phill.

I did look this up on google but didn't have the time to fully explore it. My wonderful ftp server locks me out if I send too many requests it doesn't like. I downloaded something from the software centre which claimed to do the job, it didn't, it just got me locked out. So I wasn't able to try anything else until my provider released my IP. I'll have to give it another go when I get a decent connection and a day to myself.