On 22 August 2013 15:04, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * does the problem only occur under Linux?
>
> If you have any other OS on the machine, use that for a while and see
> if it suffers the problem as well. Windows is the obvious candidate,
> but there are other potential ones as well - Mac OS X, PC-BSD etc.

I have a windows partition on my HDD, but only really keep it there so that
i can run the BIOS update utility from Lenovo. The partition is only really
big enough to do that - i am not sure i could fit a LibreOffice or even
anti-virus install on the space that is there. Thus i can't do much that is
productive in windows - which is fine as i don't use it for anything -
meaning that testing this is a time waster. Thus while i could test this i
would happily first see if the driver fix resolves it first.

Will hold out on this and if nothing else works, sit on windows for a day
this weekend...

Thanks,