Hi all,

it is that time again, another 6 months another release of our favorite operating system. This time it is Ubuntu 13.10 the Saucy Salamander, the first release featuring the new Mir display server and the unveiling of smart scopes which are like scopes, but smarter. The event is once more in a pub in London, this time at the Lord Nelson http://www.lordnelsonsouthwark.com which serves a variety of interesting burgers (including their special horse burger) up to 8PM. Once again our friends from Canonical will be joining us at the pub and I understand they will be getting a round in and sorting out some snacks which is nice - they might have some tshirts and other swag too.

Details are here, feel free to mark yourself as attending, or simply turn up on the night.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-uk/2555-saucy-salamander-release-party/

Do join us to celebrate the launch of Saucy, and debate the name of the next release (Tenacious Turkey? Talented Termite?)

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk