On 24/07/14 12:21, Simon Greenwood wrote:

Be careful with partitioning. I believe Windows 7 ignores non-NTFS partitions but it may still offer to format the whole disk. It would be safer to try and recover using a rescue disk first. Make sure you have a backup of your Xubuntu partition.

I've done this. In addition to the above, Windows installation will destroy grub. You will need to use your rescue disk afterwards in order to re-install grub and re-configure it. I've finally solved the problem by defenestrating Windows!!

Regards,        Barry.