On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:02:22 +0100
Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:

> On 15 August 2014 10:59, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com>
> wrote:
> > I've gone through an entire development cycle without having to
> > re-install 14.10 - just amazing!
> >
> > I now have a very large number of unwanted kernels.  There used to
> > be a very simple gui tool that let me remove all the ones I didn't
> > want, but I don't seem to see it anymore.  If I want to do it using
> > apt-get, I'm going to have to use the command for every one which
> > will take a while.  Is there a tool for automating this just a bit?
> >

> Does this command offer to remove some?
>
> sudo apt-get autoremove
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I don't think it does.  iirc that only works on dependencies of
packages that are nolonger required.  The kernel is a new install along
side the existing so you can flip back if there are issues.

I think you have to do sudo apt-get purge <kernel name>  and then
autoremove should get rid of any remaining elements aiui.

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)

http://www.canonical.com