On 1 February 2015 at 20:47, James Morrissey <morrissey.jam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following up on this again as the issue persists in 14.10.
>
> To recap: When i go to shutdown my system - through whatever means
> (terminal, GUI etc.) - the system restarts. The issue only occurs if i have
> suspended the system since last starting the machine. If i have not
> suspended, everything shuts down fine.

Does it actually shutdown and restart (so you see the BIOS startup
screen) or does it just logout and back in again?  Or possibly not
even logout, just tries to logout, fails,and goes back to desktop.

Have a look in /var/log/syslog to see if there are any clues.  Note
the time that you start to shutdown so you can find the right place in
the log.

Try it with a normal shutdown and a failed one and see if there are
any obvious differences.  The order of messages will vary from time to
time as they come from multiple threads so it can be tricky to find
differences.

Colin