On 25 March 2015 at 20:47, Bruno Girin <brunogi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 March 2015 at 12:54, Gareth France <gareth.fra...@cliftonts.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for that Alan, worked a treat! I'm very glad to see that all the
>> issues I have experienced seem to already be listed. Roll on next update!
>>

>> On 25/03/15 10:51, Alan Bell wrote:
>>>
>>> you will need to be a member of a group that has access to the pad, the
>>> ubuntu-uk group has access, as does
>>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-etherpad so click the join button there
>>> and someone will approve you within a couple of minutes (it is a basic,
>>> but functional spam prevention system)
>

> It's got my favourite defect filed too, thanks Alan! \o/
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1241986
>
> Is there a how-to on filing bugs? On my laptop, I just do ubuntu-bug
> <package>, does it work on the phone?

Yes and no.

If the thing you are filing a bug against is a debian package (like
unity8 / network-manager / indicator-datetime) then yes, do that.

If it's not a deb, but is a new-fangled click packages (like clock)
then no, you need to file the bug directly, manually.

To determine if it's a deb or a click:-

dpkg -S /path/to/binary

e.g.

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ dpkg -S $(which webbrowser-app)
webbrowser-app: /usr/bin/webbrowser-app

That's a deb. Confirmed with:-

apt-cache policy debian_package_name

e.g.

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ apt-cache policy webbrowser-app
webbrowser-app:
  Installed: 0.23+15.04.20150210~rtm-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 0.23+15.04.20150210~rtm-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 0.23+15.04.20150210~rtm-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://derived.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu-rtm/
14.09/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

In which case, do the "ubuntu-bug webbrowser-app" dance, but do so
over ssh or adb'ed into the device. That way when it tells you to
click a link, you can do so in your desktop browser to fill in the
details.

If you think it's a click then:-

click list | grep <term>

e.g.

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ click list | grep clock
com.ubuntu.clock        3.3.192

That's a click!

So for those, look for the package on the Avengers page linked from
the etherpad:- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Avengers
For clock that's
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+filebug?no_redirect

I should probably put the above text on the Avengers page so others can find it.

Cheers,
Al.