On 02/05/15 22:30, Gareth France wrote:
Ok, I am really, really needing some help here. I have resolved all the
issues one by one, except for an issue with the format. It is set to 3.0
(quilt) but I keep getting this error:

Gareth .... Just over a year ago, I had a go at making a Debian Sword set of packages. The errors you are getting seem remarkably similar. After a lot of discussion on a Deban packaging list, I discovered that the Sword stuff simply would not build properly under Ubuntu. Solution: use debootstrap. This creates a Debian minimal installation in a chroot environment ... the instructions for debootstrap are very complex - but it does do the lintian checks properly and I got working packages that I was able to test out properly. I handed it over to someone (I can't remember who) and after a couple of tweaks, it passed Debian. Same thing ought to be OK for Ubuntu packages. Get back to me if you want more info. I have a few notes, but memory is less certain after over a year.

Regards,                Barry
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/