On 06/06/15 11:07, Colin Law wrote:
On 6 June 2015 at 10:32, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
On 06/06/15 08:31, Colin Law wrote:

I don't think 'sda' is a valid answer to all the questions, notably:>
As originally setup how did you select which system to boot from? Did
you tell the BIOS to boot off one disk or the other, or did you get a
grub menu that allowed you to select which one?

During installation, I used the BIOS boot menu to boot from a DVD. This is not the BIOS default, which I had at that time set to boot from sda. Both sda and sdb had a boot sector with grub installed. The grub menu on both had been configured to allow booting from either of the two operating systems. In this case, I had booted straight from the DVD so the installation should not have detected any extraneous information.

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/