On 03/07/15 08:37, Gareth France wrote:

Just remember, my aim is to get an old 486, ideally with 5.25" drive,
yellowed and covered in marks. It should look like it's really had a
hard life. The aim is to say 'look, a modern desktop running even on
this old thing, imagine how well it would run on your pc!'

You'll be amazed how tiny the requirements of DSL actually are! But it can actually be made to look really good - it looks just like a modern desktop if you tweak it. And, yes, DSL (and Puppy) will go on a 5.25" floppy drive. If there's enough RAM it will run entirely in a ramdisk and go very fast. With DSL, my 256 MB looks enormous, and my huge 15 GB hard drive is way over the top.

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/