On 05/20/2010 05:58 PM, Grant Bowman wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Leif Ryge<l...@synthesize.us>  wrote:
>> I've just updated the Noisebridge wiki to reflect the date we picked for
>> this: Sunday, May 30th.
>>
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Lucid_Lynx_Installfest
>>
>> So far we've got four volunteers but zero attendees RSVP'd...
>> any ideas as to where else this should be announced?
>>
>> ~leif
>
> Hi Leif,
>
> Thanks for hosting this Installfest!  The regular Wed night Linux
> Discussion meeting last night was fun.

Cool, sorry I don't usually make it to that; I should do more often.
Maybe I'll see you at five minutes of fame in a couple hours from now?
http://5mof.net/archive/2010/05/17/may-2010-schedule/

> I've already forwarded this to the Berkeley LUG mail list and will be
> forwarding to other local lists as well.  There are numerous groups
> that might be interested in participating or who's members might be
> interested in some hands on help.  Thank you for specifying a start
> time of around 11:00.  Any thoughts on a time which people should not
> arrive after?  We should give ourselves some time to finish up and
> then join the team IRC meeting at 7:00 PM.  I intend to stay at
> noisebridge until around 8:00 or 8:30 depending on how long the
> meeting runs.

I'll stay that long as well, but perhaps we should specify a cutoff time
on the wiki for starting on new installs... say, 5pm?

> Maybe some http://dutycycle.org/ folks can help out with some
> promotion or at least some recorded music to keep the tradition going
> from the last few releases.  If we have some music files we might be
> able to put together a package hosted on launchpad.net that people can
> apt-get install.  I know how to make this happen.
>
> Grant Bowman
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam

Sounds great!

~leif