Hi team,

We've always operated the California LoCo with the idea that most things are discussed via the mailing list and online IRC meetings were held in real-time to sort of summarize and verify any consensus that had formed when it came to making important decisions.

In the past few years, participation both on-list and on IRC has dropped precipitously.

I'd like to bring this up for discussion. There are really two issues at hand.

The first, is that meetings do take time and interfere with other plans. Meetings haven't been well-attended for some time now, and I don't think having meetings just to have them are very helpful. Would it be a good idea to reduce meetings to monthly?

Second, of course, is that participation and activity are very low. This is a global problem across the Ubuntu Local Community Team landscape. But we shouldn't take it for granted, either. If there are issues that need to be addressed, or improvements to be made, it's important that I hear from you so that we can all work together to make things better.

Let me know if there's anything that you think we could do to help make the California team a more interesting thing to be involved in.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - https://www.ubuntu.com/