Seconding others that IRC is a bit difficult to remember to check in these
modern times. Slack would probably be easier for most people, despite being
unfortunately proprietary. We really do need a FLOSS slack/discordalike.
Also Mastodon is SO hot right now and actually open source, do you have or
have you considered a presence there, or maybe even setting up a Mastodon
instance?