On 10/05/2012 05:38 AM, Martin Pitt wrote:
Gema Gomez [2012-10-04  9:49 +0100]:
- The run_as functionality has been discussed because of security
concerns. On one hand, utah should be able to run tests as any chosen
user, on the other hand, we don't want to introduce a security threat
for everyone that installs the utah client on their development
machines.
I think it should only allow you to run tests as a different user if
you invoke the test as root. That's not a problem if you use test VMs,
as the default user can always sudo (in a live system even without
password), but it avoids the gaping root hole for people who install
the client on their workstation.

Martin
I had basically the same idea yesterday. We could support run_as as only a privilege de-escalation for a superuser, and not as an escalation for an unprivileged user.

Max