Hello,

On 10/09/2012 07:33 PM, Joe Talbott wrote:
> 1. don't allow 'command' at the top-level of a test entry.
>
>   pros:
>     1. easy to implement
>       2. removes a bit of the confusion
>   cons:
>     1. 'overrides' is redundant and I think ideally we'd allow any
>       tc_control option at the top-level of a test entry
>
> 2. move 'overrides' entries to top-level
>
>   pros:
>     1. simplifies file structure for testsuite/case authors
>       2. even less confusing
>   cons:
>     1. more difficult to implement since we need to basically use the
>       tc_control file schema plus the test entry.
>       2. having a section named 'overrides' clearly shows that the entries
>       override something (hopefully it's obvious that tc_control entries
>       are being overridden).
>
> Thoughts?

I'd prefer to have (1) instead of (2) because being forced to use
"override" makes explicit that "command" should be in the "tc_control"
file in the first place. I don't think "override" is redundant in this
case, but informative.

Right now, "command" is already required in the "tc_control" file and I
don't think it will be needed to override it very often, so maybe is
just that we were used to write "command" in the test suite and we've
got to get used to write it in the "tc_control" file.

Best regards,
    Javier