** Description changed:

  Binary package hint: kdebase-plasma

  System:  Kubuntu 9.04
  Relevant package versions:
    kdebase-plasma:  4:4.2.2-0ubuntu4

  Moving the minimum size slider for the KDE panel hard-locks the system - no
  mouse movement, and I am unable to Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a virtual terminal or
  Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot.  I must power-off or hard reset.

  My panel did not extend all the way to the right side of the screen (because
of
  a resolution change), so I tried to resize it by clicking the cashew, then
  dragging the maximum size slider all the way to the right.  This I did without
  any trouble.  But when I tried to drag the minimum-size slider which actually
  moves the panel, it moved about an inch, then the mouse froze. After about 3
  seconds the bottom tenth of the screen (about twice the size of the panel)
  was painted black.  After discovering I had no mouse or keyboard control, I
  waited a minute or two to see if it would clear itself up, then did a hard
reset.

  This has happend 5 of 5 times I tried to resize the panel.  Doesn't matter if
  I drag the minimum-size slider slow or fast, it always locks up after
expanding
  about an inch.

  I was able to expand the panel all the way to the right edge by doing More
Settings ->
  Maximize Panel, but the entire system freezing up is definitely a problem.
+
+ [lspci]
+ 00:00.0 RAM memory [0500]: nVidia Corporation MCP78S [GeForce 8200] Memory
Controller [10de:0754] (rev a2)
+       Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:82e2]
+ 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8300
[10de:0848] (rev a2)
+       Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:82e2]

--
Resizing KDE4 panel locks up entire system
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.