I'd like to add that I am experiencing random mouse freezes as well.

I just built a new system with an ASUS M3N78 Pro motherboard, AMD Phenom
9650, and 8GB RAM. I am using the onboard Geforce 8300 video card. I am
using a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, of which the keyboard is
USB and the mouse plugs into the purple PS2 keyboard port. I have done a
fresh install of Jaunty and have installed the Nvidia drivers v180. The
problem with the mouse freeze is easily reproducible -- just install
Nexuiz and try playing it. The mouse will freeze in just a few seconds.
Keyboard etc continues to work without problems. This can also be
accomplished by watching video (such as movie trailers from Apple's
site) in Totem.

I have done plenty of Google searching and, like Josh2112, have found
many reports of problems specifically with this setup. I have installed
the Nvidia drivers v185 from Brandon Snider's PPA
(http://ppa.launchpad.net/brandonsnider/ppa/ubuntu) but this did not
help. I have also played around with disabling legacy USB support in the
BIOS, and setting NVreg_EnableMSI=1 for the nvidia module. None of this
has helped, in fact enabling MSI for the Nvidia driver causes graphic
artifacting which leads to a locked system that must be powered off and
CMOS cleared.

Any workarounds I have seen suggested (such as using a PCI-based USB
card and/or video card) are not ideal.

As mentioned, this is a new system with a fresh install. I am not
currently using it for any day-to-day tasks as the mouse freeze problem
is a real show stopper. I am willing to adjust configs, reinstall etc as
needed in order to help troubleshoot this problem. It is extremely
frustrating.

Thanks.

--
Resizing KDE4 panel locks up entire system
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.